We know that times like these can be unnerving. We want you to know that we are here to support you. Whether it's providing you advice on current COVID-19 updates, helping you to plan for the upcoming weeks, listening to concerns about your work, having conversations with your onsite manager, or ensuring that you have the right amount of time to recover should you become unwell.
We are here for you. You matter to us. Whatever we can do to help reduce stress and worry, we will. These aren't just words, this is our promise to you.
Update Thursday 26th August 2021 - 4pm
- Level 4 | Auckland will remain at Alert Level 4 until at least 11:59pm on Tuesday 31st August. Rest of NZ will remain at Alert Level 4 until at least 11:59pm on Friday 27th August.
- Payroll | The workload on our payroll team is very high at the moment, which means we may not finish processing until 8pm on a Wednesday. Please call 0508 42 46 43 if you have questions about your pay.
- Workplace Locations of Interest | We 100% care about your safety. If anything changes in the status of your workplace that impacts you we will let you know. If you have any concerns about being at work or your isolation requirements please call your manager or 0508 42 46 43 to let us know ASAP.
- Return to work | If you have had a covid test or been in required isolation you may only return to work with your Agoge Manager's permission. Please contact your Agoge Manager as soon as you have a result and we will confirm when you are able to go back to work.
- Stay in your Bubbles | Stopping covid's spread in Auckland requires us all to stay in our bubbles. Please remember to stay in your bubbles. You should have only a home bubble or work bubble. If you need to change bubbles for any reason let us know.
- Masks | If you are wearing disposable masks please change these often.
- Map | The below map is being constantly update but may not always be current. Please refer to the Ministry of Health for the most up to date list > click here.
Call 0508 42 46 43 anytime
Remember: if you are unwell, and/or have cold or flu symptoms, please DO NOT come to work,
OR if you have been at a Location of Interest at the times stated,
OR member of your household as been at a location of interest at the times stated,
THEN STAY HOME
and call your Agoge Manager and then call Healthline and follow their advice.
- Covid Tests | If you or a member of your household are getting a covid test, please call your manager or 0800 42 46 43 to let us know ASAP.
- Required Isolation | If you are required to isoloate please let your manager know as we may be able to help you access financial assistance.
- Map | The below map is being constantly update but may not always be current. Please refer to the Ministry of Health for the most up to date list > click here. .
- Locations of Interest | A map below shows locations of Interest visually. For exact details of dates/times and up to date information click here. The Ministry of Health now requires members of households where someone has been at a location of interest at specific times to stay at home and call healthline.
- Masks | Masks are now required at all of our essential client sites.
- Social Distancing | Please make sure you stay at least 1 metre away from co-workers including during breaks.
- Scan the barcode | Please scan the Covid barcode when you arrive at work. This allows the Minstry of Health to notify you if a coworker gets Covid19.
- Food | We recommend that you take your own pre-packed food to work. Food can be hard to come by in Level 4 and you cant share food with others.
Update following 17th August 2021 lockdown announcement:
COVID-19 Alert Level 4 | Nationwide
- Our staff are still available to support you with anything you need by phone. You can contact your Agoge Manager directly on their phone number, or, by calling our after hours line on 0508 42 46 43.
- Onsite staff with clients who are Level 4 Essential Services will receive a letter from us today confirming your employment. If you are unsure if you should be at work or are unwell, please contact your Agoge Manager directly ASAP.
- Our team will be working remotely throughout this time and our branch offices will be closed whilst we are at alert level 3 or above. Please do not attempt to visit our office during this time.
- We will be completing ALL interviews and meetings via video call, which our Agoge Team will arrange with interviewees.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Should I be going to work tomorrow Wednesday the 18 August 2021 now that it will be level 4? A number of our customers are essential services, however some are not. We can currently confirm that the following customers are operating under alert level 4 and you should attend work as normal. Any further information will be communicated to you as we find it out.
- Coca Cola Europacific Partners
- Countdown ARDC and CRDC
- Danone Nutricia
- NZ Post
- Sealed Air Engineering (not design team)
- Astron Sustainability
- Will I get paid for these next few days while we're in level 4? We're hoping to know more tomorrow once the government has a further update if you're off work due to level 4. As soon as we know more you can trust we'll let you know as soon as possible too.
- What are the current locations of interest? The Ministry of Health is currently updating the list of the places of interest. Here is a link to the Current locations of interest on the Ministry of Health Website.
- Will I still get paid on Wednesday for last weeks work? Yes, we're still operating throughout level 4 as normal. You will receive your pay on Wednesday 18th August as normal for last week for any hours you worked.
- How are you supporting jobseekers to find work who do not want to visit their local branch? All of our jobs are posted on www.agoge.nz and our Facebook page. We are also continuing to offer interviews and pre-employment discussions via video call. And as always, you can still discuss personal circumstances by calling us on 0800 42 46 43.
- I think I'm at risk of being infected or need to provide you an update on my COVID-19 circumstances. Please call your Agoge Manager. If you are at risk of catching COVID-19, or you are living with someone who is sick or in self-isolation, please DO NOT go onsite until you have spoken to us.
- What is an essential services client? Essential services are the businesses that MUST keep running during all lockdown levels in order to provide essential services to the country. The Government has specified who these services/businesses are, we do not have an influence on this. These include emergency services, banks, and supermarkets. There are several clients which support these services in the supply chain, these could be the packaging of the food or distribution warehouses or couriers. We provide letters for onsite staff who are working in essential services. These letters are in the event level 3 or 4 is reinstated, and you are stopped by police on your way to work, you can validate why you are not staying home. If you are an essential services worker and your region is in level 3 or above, and you have not already received a letter, please contact us on 0508 42 46 43 immediately.
- If I am offered a redeployment role, do I have to take it? No, we will never make you do anything you are uncomfortable with. However, if we can match you to another role and you choose not to take it, we will need to discuss your payment options for this period. Your Agoge Manager will be able to advise you of this if they offer you redeployment.
- COVID-19 is making me / my family anxious and I'm having trouble processing my thoughts or thinking clearly. We understand how these situations can affect mental health. It's so important to talk about your worries. Saying them out loud to someone can create a relief. Bottling up your worries can cause more frustration, and this could lead to an unhealthy atmosphere at a time when you are already living with restrictions such as self-isolation. Talk to whanau about how you feel, the chances are a lot of them feel the same. It only takes one person to start the conversation. Your Agoge Manager and our staff on the dedicated helpline are also here to help you. Don't be afraid or feel shame from speaking up. We're all in this together.
Feeling unwell or been in contact with someone who is symptomatic?
- Get in touch with your Agoge Manager directly, or via our After Hours line by calling 0508 42 46 43.
- Don't come to work, stay home. Tell whanau or friends that you are ill so they can support you without contracting the virus.
- If you haven't already, update your onsite manager. It's important we notify your Manager as quickly as possible to ensure we can trace other people you may have been in contact with.
- If you are feeling so unwell you are unable to call / text, please ensure someone calls on your behalf.
If you have any further questions not answered above, please call you Agoge Manager.
What is COVID-19? from NZ Ministry of Health
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a virus called Coronavirus. There are simple steps you can take to protect your family / whanau.
- a cough
- a high temperature (at least 38°c)
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
- sneezing and runny nose
- temporary loss of smell.
These symptoms do not necessarily mean you have COVID-19. The symptoms are similar to other common illnesses such as cold and flu. However, infections with mild symptoms such as cold-like symptoms or no symptoms are likely, but it's not known how common this is.
If you or someone you know is unwell and present symptoms of COVID-19, call Healthline on 0800 358 5453
How to protect yourself and others
COVID-19 is spread through droplets from one person to another, so these basic hygiene tasks are so incredibly important to protect and prevent the virus from spreading:
- Wash your hand with soap and water often - wash them like you're trying to wash the virus away
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow, or by covering your nose and mouth with tissues
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately - try not to touch anything else until you have washed your hands!
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell and try to avoid handshakes and hugs including at work to be safe
- Don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean or you have been in contact with someone else
- Clean and disinfect touched surfaces and objects - if you share equipment with others at work also take care to disinfect these after you use - encourage your teammates to do the same and look out for each other!
- The most important thing is if you feel unwell or have been in contact with someone who has the virus, stay home to prevent the spread and protect yourself and others. Call Healthline and self-isolate through advice from the Ministry of Health, a guidance link can be found below.
If you are advised by us, or Healthline to self-isolate even if you do not present symptoms, ensure you minimise time spent in social situations or in close contact with others such as friends or family. Self-isolation is in place to protect you and others.
- MOH Factsheet: What you need to know about COVID-19 Translations - Chinese, Cook Islans Maori, English, Fijian, Gagana Samoan, Hindi, Lea Faka-Tonga, NZ Sign Language, Niuean, Te Reo Maori, Tokelau, Tuvalu.
- Healthline Support Line - call 24/7 on 0800 358 5453